Thursday 16 April 2009

Cupcakes

I attended a baby shower for an ex-colleague a few weeks ago and made these cupcakes to take with me. We weren't sure whether the baby was going to be a boy or girl so I decorated them with both pink and blue.

The cakes are a plain sponge with a raspberry jam centre baked inside and the frosting is white chocolate flavour.

I made the flowers with a simple punch cutter and then piped a small yellow dot in the centre of each. The butterflies were cut out using a 'Patchwork Cutter' and then decorated with shimmer powder This was the first time I had tried any of the Patchwork Cutters; it took me a while to get the hang of them but I was very happy with the end results.



Some of the photo's haven't come out very well, but hopefully you get the idea!

1 comment:

  1. They look very yummy Claire. I could just eat one of them with a nice cup of coffee. :o)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message, it means a lot.

Hugs
Claire Xx