Wednesday 1 April 2009

Chocolate covered honeycomb

I really have re-gained my love of cooking over the past few months. I used to make loads of homemade treats including cakes, biscuits and confectionery but for some reason practically stopped a while ago. I really enjoyed making some truffles for Mother's Day so I thought I'd have a go at something else.
I've made chocolate covered honeycomb, mmmmm yummy!
Here's my honeycomb just set:


Cut into rough squares:


And the best bit dipped in melted chocolate:


I've put it in the jars I showed you yesterday and am going to give them away as treats. Don't worry though there's enough left over for me too!



In case anyone is interested here's the recipe for the honeycomb:

400g caster sugar
100ml water
2 tbsp golden syrup
4tsp bicarbonate of soda

Put the sugar, water and syrup in a heavy bottom pan, bring to the boil and cook slowly until it reaches 150 degrees centigrade. Take it off the heat and add the bicarb, stir in quickly, the toffee will foam and double or triple in size. Quickly pour it into either a silicon cake pan or a well oiled high sided cooking tray and leave to set.

When set break into small pieces and then dip in chocolate if desired.

Thanks for looking

3 comments:

  1. Claire that Honeycomb looks delicous. It is making my mouth water.

    ReplyDelete
  2. mhmmmmmmmm yummy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy, where do you get the bicarbonate stuff? do you have a picture of the bottle, what brand etc?
    i m living in Norway so i m not sure i can get it ere.

    http://ninasmessyplace.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message, it means a lot.

Hugs
Claire Xx