Tuesday 6 January 2009

I've been busy in the kitchen

I haven't made a card today so I thought I'd show you what I've been up to instead.
Just before Christmas I decided to go to the library and take out a load of books and promised myself I would make time to read them over Christmas. I love reading but I just never seem to find the time. Well, I got through 15 books over the Christmas week and I loved every single one of them.
There was one I read called 'The Chocolate Chip Cookie Murder' by Joanne Fluke. Not only was this a great book but it was also interspersed with cookie recipes. Before I take the book back to the library I thought I'd have a go at one of the recipes. I've made 'Merry Berry Cookies', which are cookies flavoured with berry jam and also have a little splodge of jam on the top.
I think they turned out well and they certainly taste absolutely gorgeous, although I did put too many on my cookie trays so they all joined together in the oven - so they are not perfect little circles but they still taste good!

There are lots more recipes to try and also other books in the series so I think I'll try and get some of them and may be doing lots more baking - yummy!!

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Can't believe you read so many books. The cookies look scrummy!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message, it means a lot.

Hugs
Claire Xx