Wednesday 30 April 2008

Inchies

I have always been intrigued by inchies. I have seen them mentioned on different forums but until I saw them in the flesh, as it were, I didn't realise just how much detail you can fit on such a tiny space. I wanted to have a go and thought I would host a swap on the CM&P Forum. I chose the theme of black and white which with hindsight was a bit if a mistake as it is quite limiting and I found it difficult to come up with enough ideas.

I limited the swap to 15 people. So far 10 people have signed up to join in with the swap and the completed inchies I have seen are all amazing. I made 8 to begin with, all different, some with brads and one which opens like a book, but then I got stuck.

Here is a photo of my first 8:



I then started to think about black and white and where I could get inspiration from. I remembered seeing a zentange ATC swap on another forum and thinking how amazing the cards were. I never thought I would be able to replicate the standard of the zentangles on the web but I thought I'd have a go. For anyone who has not seen a zentangle have a look at http://www.zentangle.com/ there are some amazing examples there. Anyway I used a small piece of card and started to draw, I only intended to cover a one inch square but once I started I couldn't stop!

Here's the image I ended up with:

And after I had cut it up and made the inchies:


I am really pleased with these and think I have found a new obsession, see the next post!!
Claire

2 comments:

  1. Claire your inchies are great. love the way you have cut up your zentagles to make more inchies

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! you have been so busy... loving these!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message, it means a lot.

Hugs
Claire Xx