Monday 8 September 2008

Christmas is on the way

No I'm not being sarcastic because of the cold weather! I've made my first Christmas card! I know lots of people started theirs ages ago but I refused to even think about it in August. Anyway this card started off as a birthday card but when I got to adding the title I thought 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' suited the card so hey presto it magically transformed into my first Xmas card.


The cream backing paper is decorated with a design I made in photoshop, I still class myself as an absolute beginner in the program but I'm quite impressed with how this turned out. It's not that clear in the picture but it looks like a really old book page. I used a script brush and various textures to age the design.

This card is so different to anything I've ever done before and is not what I would call a traditional Xmas card but I really like it, just hope whoever receives it feels the same!!!

Post soon
Claire

1 comment:

  1. I need to get started on Christmas but can't quite get my head round it yet
    The card is lovely and I love the colours and the simplicity of it- very different
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message, it means a lot.

Hugs
Claire Xx