Saturday 11 October 2008

Another Christmas Card

I wanted to make a card which incorporated a little gift so I decided on a bookmark. I also thought it would be nice to include one of my favourite Christmas recipes - Gingerbread.

(Apologies the photo colours seem a bit inconsistent and I can't be bothered to retake them all!!! The main card, insert and the bookmark are ivory, the front pocket is a burgundy/brown opalescent and the green nestability is a light khaki, hope that helps!)


I didn't want to over decorate the front of the card so I have used some Anita's Christmas ribbon along the top edge, stuck on a snowflake and I have water coloured a Christmas Tree image, which I stamped and embossed, then mounted this on an oval nestability. I have been practicing my watercolour shading and I think I have improved, I know I'm still not as good as others but I'm quite pleased with the result, what do you think?


I always put a folded paper insert inside my cards but I've seen another technique being used by lots of people so I thought I'd give it a go. I've double mounted paper on the inside of the card and then stamped, embossed and water coloured a little ginger bread man in the bottom corner.


The book mark is decorated on both sides. One side has the recipe for gingerbread men and on the other I've used a holly corner punch and then another oval nestability and the same gingerbread man as on the inside. Stamped, embossed and water coloured once again. Ive added a piece of green ribbon to match the green nestability and finally I've laminated the bookmark so it can be cleaned after baking!

Post soon

3 comments:

  1. I love that card, and bookmark! Where did you get the gingerbread man stamp from? I think I need one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jo, the gingerbread man came in a set I bought in Hobbycraft last year. I was in Hobbycraft this morning and they are half price at the moment, a big box of little Christmas stamps for £9.99.

    Claire

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message, it means a lot.

Hugs
Claire Xx