Wednesday 15 October 2008

Cuttlebug Challenge 3

I popped over to the Cuttlebug Challenge Blog earlier just to see what the challenge was this week and I got carried away and have finished my item already!

This weeks challenge has been set by Trudi and is 'to create something other than a card or to alter an item using your embossing folders'.

I'd already decided that I am going to make little Christmas gift boxes which will either contain hand made choccies or biscuits so I've been saving little cartons and boxes to be decorated. I thought this was the ideal opportunity to make a start on these and this is what I've come up with. There are 3 different views so hopefully you can get an idea of what the whole tin looks like.
I've used a small cuttlebug embossing folder to emboss a sheet of metal and have then cut this out and stuck it in the top of my tin.

Other items used are:
Paper from Dovecraft 'Christmas Traditional' pack
Skittle-de-doo Sizzix Alphabet
Penny Black 'Xmas Kisses' stamp water coloured with pencils
Green ribbon from 'Anitas'
And of course a custard tin!

I wonder if I'll be the first to post my creation on the cuttlebug blog??!!

Post soon

9 comments:

  1. Adorable! Thanks for participating on Cuttlebug Challenge.
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow what a great idea Claire! I love how you have used tin to emboss, i will have to give that a try :0)
    **Hugs** Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is the most adorable tin ever : ) What a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really beautiful!


    ...hey!

    WHAT the???

    the live traffic feed says I'm in Basildon! Cheek! I'm in Colchester!

    LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. great tin, thanks for joining us this week again
    Cuttlehugs
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  6. The tin is really lovely.
    Eveline.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just so lovely. I haven't finished my cuttlebug project yet but hopefully tomorrow.

    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message, it means a lot.

Hugs
Claire Xx