Sunday 5 October 2008

Blog face lift

What do you think of my new look blog? Please be gentle this is the first time I have ever designed a background for a blog and also the first time I have ventured into the world of html code - it's worse than learning a foreign language even with a step by step guide!!

I did this yesterday having been inspired by Claire's blog which you can find here, her blog has just had a face lift as well and it's fantastic. I don't think mine is anywhere near as good but I'm happy with my first effort. I found a great tutorial on how to make a background for your blog here. I designed the background in photoshop and tweaked my html code in order to display it here.

There was also a tutorial for creating a signature, I thought I may as well have a go at this too and you can see the result below. I love the signature but I am not happy with the frame around the image. I couldn't work out how to change the html coding for this, despite the instructions! I've added the signature in the SETTINGS, FORMATTING, POST TEMPLATE section. If anyone can tell me how to change the html code so that my signature shows up in every post without the frame I'd really appreciate you leaving a comment.

Anyway perhaps I'll get round to some crafting today after spending much of yesterday fiddling around with pictures and files in photoshop.

Thanks

5 comments:

  1. You are better at understanding this kind of stuff than me Claire! I got as far as reading the how to but still couldn't work out how to update my blog to look all prettyfied lol
    I love what you've done to the place, looks all girlie and welcoming :0)
    **Hugs** Heather x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Claire,
    i love what you have done with your blog.
    i love the antique colors. this will work with all of your cards you are going to show. the butterflies are a perfect sweet touch.

    hugs
    claudia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Calire thanks so much for visting my blog and please feel free to any time. I love you blog makeover it look wonderful, the the soft background and the little green flowers and details work great with it. All the best from Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog looks lovely Claire, I don't know how to lose the frame, I didn't have a frame showing until I loaded a free blog makeover now it has too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message, it means a lot.

Hugs
Claire Xx