Saturday 9 August 2008

Answering Questions

Thank you again for all the lovely comments you have left on my blog, here are some of my responses and the answers to the questions which have been asked while I was away.

On the post 'Another Birthday Card', (25/7/08), Lazykay asked where I get the flowers from which I've been using recently on my cards. The answer is I make them - they are cut out using the Sizzix, the die is called flowers, daisies and is a thick cut die. I always cut two the same size, stick the first one down and then stick the second one on top having rotated it slightly so the petals don't align. I have been using buttons as the centre of the flowers recently but I have also used large brads in the past.

On the post 'Some Jewellery', (27/7/08), Lazykay asked if I had a jig to make the rings. The answer to that one is no. I use a piece of metal rod to shape the ring but the swirls and decorations and made entirely by hand with no template etc.

The text on the 'Scrapbook Pages' post, (30/7/08) reads:

1st page, (Daddy):

Walk a little slower,
Said a child so small,
I'm following in your footsteps,
And don't want to fall,
Sometimes your steps are very fast,
Sometimes they're hard to see,
So walk a little slower daddy,
For you are leading me.

2nd page, (Mummy):

A mother's love is like a circle,
It has no beginning and no ending,
It keeps going around and around ever expanding,
Touching everyone who comes in contact with it,
Engulfing them like the morning's mist,
Warming them like the noontime sun,
And covering them like a blanket of evening stars,
A mother's love is like a circle,
It has no beginning and no ending.


Thank you again for all the comments.

Claire

1 comment:

  1. Oh, thanks for that.

    The 'walk a little slower Daddy' is one of my favourites but I'd not seen the other one.

    Your flowers and jewellery are gorgeous, I must practise more with wire.

    xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message, it means a lot.

Hugs
Claire Xx