Monday 18 August 2008

Magic Box

I made a magic box yesterday. Much the same as an exploding box but I used the tutorial which can be found on the magic box site. It is an amazing site with some wonderful inspiring boxes, well worth a look.

I followed the tutorial which was very well explained. For once I actually had the stamp which I was meant to use so I managed to make it as close to the original as possible although I still changed a few bits, such as the butterflies, which may have been a mistake! My box is not quite what I was hoping for. I think the butterflies I have used are too small.

Even though I had the dimensions it still surprised me how small the finished box was but I think it is a lovely size especially for putting a little gift in and giving it for a birthday. I think jewellery in here would be perfect.

Here is the finished box closed:


As you open it the butterflies spring out and bobble about!

This has certainly inspired me and I will be trying another box before long, perhaps the next one will be a little larger.
Huge thanks to Elaine for putting the tutorial on her site and for creating such inspiring boxes.
Claire

2 comments:

  1. You've done a fantastic job Claire - it's lovely, and so fast!
    I'll put dimensions for the larger boxes onto turorials asap. but I don't think you'll have any problems increasing sizes - you've definitely 'got it'!!!

    Elaine
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message, it means a lot.

Hugs
Claire Xx