Friday 29 August 2008

Been baking again

I'm off out today for a picnic. I'm meeting up with some old work colleagues who I haven't seen in a few months. Lots of gossiping and catching up to be done. Regarding food, we are all taking something for ourselves and also a few things to share. I've decided to take a simple green salad for myself and have been baking today for my 'to share' dishes.

I decided to make things which were easily eaten i.e. no cutlery needed and not too sticky or messy, I've made:
  • Chocolate whirly bread
  • Cheese/garlic/tomato straws
  • Millionaires shortcake

I haven't made bread in ages and really enjoyed kneading the dough and boy what a workout!! Here's the chocolate whirly bread, sorry the picture is a bit rubbish but I had to take it quickly before I succumbed and ate it ;-)


We're all meeting by the river, so I'm really hoping the rain stays away, the weather forecast is good but you just never know what's going to happen with the weather at the moment. I'm taking a jar of my home made jam for each of them as I think I've made enough to feed an army and I'll never get through it all!

I'm off to do my nails now so I'll catch up with you all tomorrow, hope you all have a good Friday. Claire

1 comment:

  1. you've made me hungry now! need to go eat something
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message, it means a lot.

Hugs
Claire Xx