Friday 18 July 2008

ATC Competition

Last month I entered a competition; we had to make an ATC using recycled materials. The competition was hosted by Gilligogs on the CM&P Forum. I made an art doll style mermaid, with moving arms, head and tail. She is much too large for an ATC but when folded up fits perfectly. I made the tail and her bikini top out of a flattened fizzy drink can, used a magazine picture for her head and also for the background and old sandpaper for the beach. Here she is unfolded:


Once all entries were in voting opened and was open to all members of the forum. The entries were all fantastic and I really didn't think I'd get many votes at all. If I am honest I didn't really like how she turned out, to me there is just something wrong, in fact I didn't send it in for a while because I just didn't think it was good enough. However, I am proud to say I came second but best of all I won the special prize from Gilligogs for the most unusual piece of recycling - the tin can. I was so chuffed to have won this and today my prize arrived. I want to say a great big thank you to Gilligogs for the fantastic papers she sent I am already thinking of all the things I could make using my wonderful prize.

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message, it means a lot.

Hugs
Claire Xx