Tuesday 4 November 2008

4 challenges in 1

This card is for the following challenges:

Cuttlebug - Challenge no. 5 - Embossing on a metallic finish
~ The snowflake disk is embossed using the small Christmas set of embossing folders and the material is a sheet of aluminium - so truly metallic! Unfortunately it looks black in the photo but I assure you it is a sparkling silver in reality.

Secret Crafter - Challenge no.5 - A sketch and also to use pink, white and brown
~ I have followed the sketch although I've stretched it to fit a rectangular card rather than square. I've used all the colours although I have added the green as well, the stitching is all brown.

Kaboodle Doodles - Challenge no. 10 - Christmas Brights
~ Well I certainly think this is a bright card and is even more so in real life.

Papertake Weekly - Simply Sparkling
~ I have glittered the snowman although once again this doesn't show up too well. The metal disk certainly sparkles in the light.

Here's Jill's sketch:


And here's my card:


I just can't decide if I like this card or not, the colours are not what I would usually choose and I guess that means I'm out of my comfort zone which is perhaps not a bad thing. Please let me know what you think.

18 comments:

  1. beautiful card

    thanks for joining us this week on SCSC

    hugs jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. fab card, thanks for joining us this week
    Cuttlehugs
    AllisonX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's fantastic Claire, the image is gorgeous and although they are not traditional xmas colours they work really well...love it! Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh I love it! Thank you for taking part in the challenge. Wendy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cracking card Claire and so cute and pretty :) thanks for joining us at SCSC this week :) Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow 4 in 1 amazing, I love the wee snowman, Great card, Hazel xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Claire :o) Love the embossed snowflake.

    Thanks for joining the Kaboodle Doodles challenge this week.

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card, love the embossed snowflake embellishment. You have me an idea!:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a gorgeous card. Love the image and embossing.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a gorgeous card. Love the image and embossing.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow - you mananged to fit all those challenges into one card, and a lovely card at that. I Love the image and your colouring. Thanks for joining the Kaboodle Doodle Challenge this week. Kim

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yep, exactly what we were looking for ! Your card is fantastic and fits the challenge perfectly. Love the embossed snowflake. Thank you for playing with us this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wowza! 4 challenges in 1?! I'm impressed! Love that adorable glittered snowman! :D


    p.s. I'm giving away blog candy if you're interested.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great card Claire. I love the colours you have done a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  15. aww Claire this is gorgeous I love the image so cute and perfectly coloured thanks for joining us at scsc hugs Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card! I think the colours are fab! Thanks for joining us for the PTW challenge! x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think it's totally adorable! I love you cute image a lot!
    Hugs from Pakistan!
    VIBGYOR Krafts

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message, it means a lot.

Hugs
Claire Xx