Monday 10 November 2008

Friday Sketchers no. 27, Arty Girlz no.59 and Kaboodle Doodles no. 11

There's another great sketch at Friday Sketchers this week. As soon as I saw it I had ideas buzzing around my head but unfortunately they didn't seem to want to come out of my head and be made into a card! I left it alone for a couple of days and came back to it yesterday. I came up with a card I am happy with.
Here's the sketch:
The challenge at Arty Girlz is to use something hand drawn. I have drawn on stitching lines but thought I ought to be a bit more adventurous so I've also drawn swirls around the poinsettia, (which I also drew and cut out), and at the bottom of the card. I'm normally too nervous to draw freehand but I decided to just go for it and am quite happy with the results although I much prefer the swirls at the top of the card to those at the bottom. This is the first time I've joined in with the Arty Girlz challenges, I hope I did alright. I'll certainly be back and joining in again in the future.

The challenge over at Kaboodle Doodles is 'buttons and bling', well I haven't used any buttons but there's certainly some bling on this card. There are small gems at the end of each of my swirls and they glisten in the light beautifully adding another dimension to this card.
Here's my card:


Post soon

10 comments:

  1. A beautiful card Claire. hugs Rachxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is gorgeous, Claire!
    Hugs Gisela

    ReplyDelete
  3. Claire this is fantastic I absolutely love your swirls!!

    Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge I hope you'll join in again

    Julie xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card claire great doodling. Thanks for joining in with the Arty Girlz challenge.
    Hope you can join in again soon.

    crissi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous card Claire, love the hand drawn swirls & stitching it really finishes the card off :o)

    Thanks for joining us at KD this week.

    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is gorgeous, this sketch is fab and the colours you have used are fantastic. Thank you for joining us in the KD challenge this week.

    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, love the papers and your swirls and of course the sweet Hedgie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea of the sparkling accents in the swirls! And a great, beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh that is lovely. Really beautiful. Thank you for joining in the Kaboodle Doodle this week and see you next week. Kim

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message, it means a lot.

Hugs
Claire Xx