Saturday 22 November 2008

Sketch Saturday No. 26

There's another great sketch over at Sketch Saturday this week. As soon as I saw it I knew exactly the card I wanted to make.

Here's the sketch:


Here's the card I've made:



I've used:

Dovecraft 8x8 paper from the 'Christmas Traditional' pack
Old Father Christmas stamp
2 buttons from my button box
A poinsettia - I had a question regarding the origin of my poinsettia's, the last time I used one on a card. It is not a die cut or a bought flower, it is a template I made. I had looked around the shops but couldn't find a poinsettia flower to use so decided to make my own!

Thanks for looking

11 comments:

  1. fabulous card Claire, oh I love this image and the gorgeous blooms - great work,
    Thanks for joining us this week :)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. great card, luv this old santa image, papers n flowers work well. sue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card, love the traditional santa image and your flowers look fabulous, thanks for joining us this week
    gill x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card and one of my favourite santa images

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowzers! What a fab card Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, I love that image and your poinsetta is brilliant.
    hugs Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely card! Love the santa image.

    -Karita-

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's great when that happens! The image and colours are fab! xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. That poinsettiais just divine Claire, love it!! And such a gorgeous card I love the vibrancy of the colours and the gorge dp's

    hugs eBev x

    ReplyDelete
  10. very beautiful card and fab stamp !!!
    thank you for your participation in S.S.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave me a message, it means a lot.

Hugs
Claire Xx